Saturday, June 27, 2009

Deep Fried Chicken in Balinese Style

Last month my hubby and I went for a trip to Bali, and for the very first time, he did not enjoy the food there, as usually he loves eating everywhere he goes...

Back in KL, flipping through a magazine, and saw the recipe, Deep Fried Chicken in Balinese style and I told my hubby that I would like to try out this... and when he saw the word Bali, he actually asked me... Sure or not ?!?

After considering it for a few weeks, and coincidence mum is down here in KL, I decided to try this out.
Mum went to the market with aunt and decided to ask them to help me in getting the ingredients. They all thought that I am going to cook rendang, but I insisted that is a NO.

So, on Sat morning, starting the prep :

Ingredient A :
1 kampong chicken
1/2 cup of grated coconut
2 bombay onion (finely chopped)
2 stalks curry leaves (leaves only)
2 tbsp corn flour

Ingredient B:
4cm ginger
1 bombay onion
4 cloves garlic
3 stalks lemon grass

Seasoning:
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp curry powder

Methods :
1) Cut chicken into pcs and marinade it with seasoning.
2) Blend all ingredient B in blender. Add into chicken with the rest of ingredient A.
Marinade for at least 1 hr.



3) Heat up oil & deep fry the marinated chicken over high heat till cooked and golden brown.
4) Remove from heat and serve.






No comments:

Post a Comment